Bosses display a variety of core behaviors and, in order to work with them effectively, it is important to recognize those behaviors and adopt an assertive frame of mind. The Managing Upwards program provides a framework to help people build strong and resonant communication based on an understanding of different communication styles.
Participants will be able to
- Recognize core behaviours using the Social Styles Model
- Use effective listening and questioning skills
- Understand how to communicate effectively to achieve a Win-Win situation
- Identify types of manager behaviors and adapt different techniques and approaches as necessary
- Use the SPEAK framework when engaged in difficult conversations