Operational line managers have varying degrees of involvement in HR related activities and it is critical that they understand and operate within best practice and comply with organization’s HR direction. HR for Non-HR Managers is aimed at taking the line manager through the complete employee life-cycle from pre-recruitment to post-termination.
Participants will be able to
- Explain the key stages of the employee life-cycle (from pre-recruitment to post termination) and the associated underpinning legal obligations of employers and rights of employees
- Identify how HR contributes to organizational success
- Demonstrate when to consult with HR as a line manager
- Identify the importance of employee engagement and managing the ‘psychological contract’
- Identify means of establishing employee performance standards and subsequently monitor and review that performance