Managing the performance of individuals within the team can be challenging. The pressures of delivery can mean that difficult conversations are put off. This module provides a framework for dealing with tough conversations about changes, performance or conduct and can help the leader catch up on conversations that should have been had before.
Participants will be able to
- Prepare for a difficult conversation
- Define the purpose and intention of the conversation
- Apply a framework to structure a difficult conversation
- Recognize the emotional responses that might occur
- Gain commitment to action and follow up