By Team Learning Minds
The digital age has revolutionized the way things work. It has had its fair share of impact on ‘Job Hunting’ too. Employers are now constantly on the look out for better and more efficient ways to attract prospective employees. A huge contributor in this is also the pressure to find recruitment methods that are more cost effective.
This article is a small effort on my side to make it easier for you to look for jobs and I have tried to come up with some tips that I hope would be useful.
- Resume is still a Key Tool:Even though most of this article is about building a strong social presence on the internet, I believe it is still essential for any job seeker to have a good resume. It should be to the point, cover important facts and be very focused highlighting the last 5 -10 Years of your career.
- Build a Strong Social Presence:LinkedIn is one of the most popular job-hunting tools that is widely accepted and used all over the world. However, job seekers still have a long way to go when it comes to using it effectively. Job seekers need to understand that a strong LinkedIn goes far in helping you make it easy for the head-hunters to find you. Building a strong social presence is as important as building a strong personal brand. Your LinkedIn profile needs to be as brilliant as your resume.
- Keep abreast with the latest Technological Tools and Practices:In this day and age, you cannot afford to have technophobia. You should work on your technology anxiety and should be familiar with the latest technological tools, professional social media platforms and industry practices. If you have the slightest anxiety about using technology or tools of the digital age enroll yourself in a class or take a tutorial that will help you overcome your anxiety.
- Make an Impression Online:We need to make sure our online profile is current and as up to date as possible. A strong online profile goes when it comes to helping one in finding the right job. It will not just only attract recruiters but also highlights your skill set. Also make sure you are reachable, and all your contact information is up to date.
- Research and Network and Use it as a tool to find your Next Job:In the digital age there are a number of ways to research on an organization of interest. Use as many ways and be as thorough as possible it will help you make more knowledgeable decisions. Use your Social media tool to network as it is one of the best tools now days that helps you find a job. Internet could be an amazing tool for targeting the next company where you want to work and can be of great help in helping you land your dream job if used effectively and efficiently.
- Have a Plan and Develop Your Online Communication Skills:It is essential that when you start job hunting or that when you decide that you would like to switch organizations you have a game plan. That is an idea on how you intend to go about it and where do you see yourself going. Being prompt and professional would be the key to success here. It is not only necessary to send your resume to prospective employers. but it is also essential to follow-up. Also make sure you are well prepared and have access to the right tools so as to make sure that your communication is smooth and glitch free.
Finding the right job start with having the right plan and tools. I would like to wish you all the very best. Happy Job Hunting!